- This post is a paid collaboration with Love Fresh Berries, but all thoughts are my own -
I've always been intrigued by natural skincare especially when I see people mixing together ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. In the past I've seen the benefits of what fresh ingredients can do as I've used it on my hair before similar to this Hair Restoring Mask, but never on my face. That was until recently when Love Fresh Berries challenged me to try out one of their berry beauty recipes and I've been super surprised by the results.
1 Large Tablespoon Honey
1 Green Tea Bag
1 Tablespoon Natural Yogurt
1. Boil the kettle and brew your green tea.
2. Add all the other ingredients into a blender. Cut the teabag open and remove the green tea leaves to the ingredients in the blender.
3. Blend all the contents for 15-30 seconds or until smooth.
4. Apply a few even layers of the mask. Leaving for 5-10 minutes until it slightly dries.
5. Remove with a flannel and follow with a face oil or moisturiser.
The Facts Behind The Ingredients
As a regular drinker of green tea, I was pleased to know that they also have antioxidants and soothing properties when it comes to skincare too. Honey is one of the skincare ingredients in this recipe that I have used before in products and my complexion always thrives after use as it's anti-inflammatory which reduces redness of the face, whilst the anti-bacterial properties helps to banish blemishes and works well in conjunction with the cinnamon which is also good at combatting spots.
The best part of the ingredients in my opinion is the berries as not only can you eat them as you're blending up the face mask, their high in water content means that they add hydration to the skin, whilst Vitamin A and sailcylates target breakouts.
You can read all about the benefits of each berry here. I have put together a full video of this recipe up on my Instagram and don't forget to check out Love Fresh Berrie's Instagram which is full of delicious treats too.
Will you be trying out this recipe?