15 Things To Do This Christmas
Can you believe it's only ten days until Christmas? This month is going so quickly and before you know it, it'll be New Years Eve, therefore I want to make the most of it and tick off everything from my festive to-do list.
- Tasty Food. I mean December wouldn't be the same without a cheeseboard and delicious treats to consume over the month. I've been training myself for the big day, by having lots of roast vegetables and making the fluffiest Yorkshire puddings too, but it's not just savoury food I'm eating as I'm on dessert duty this year again and I need the practice.
- Watch Every Christmas Film. I've created a blog post containing 25 Christmas films and I've made it my mission to watch them all or at least watch as many as I can. To be honest, I've just been enjoying settling down with a film in the evening surrounded by blankets and all the snacks - currently it's all the Harry Potter's we're watching!
- Start and Finish My Shopping. I know this may be a shock to some, but I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet, but luckily I don't have too many to buy for this year and the people I do, I have an idea of what to get them. My wrapping theme this year is brown paper with red string and I may attach some cinnamon sticks, red bows and fir springs.
- Go To a Christmas Market. I really want to go to a Christmas market again this year as they've always got great food and mulled wine to delve into - the perfect way to make you feel festive.
- Enjoy Cosy Evenings In. I've been loving a cosy night in, bundling up in blankets, with a fresh set of pyjamas after completing my full skin and haircare routine. I turn on the twinkling Christmas tree lights, light a few candles and turn on the fire to make it feel toasty warm.
- Have a Night Out. I'm all about cosy nights in if you couldn't tell, but I love how sociable people can be during the month of December and I'm making the most of it. I've already had one of the nights planned where we ate lots of food and drank amazing cherry beer, but I've got a couple more upcoming too.
- Watch a Pantomime. I haven't been to see one for many, many years, but if you're stuck on what to do with kids or you fancy something different then I'd recommend checking your local theatre out.
- Go Ice Skating. Wrap up warm and don your skates as it's the perfect time to go ice skating! There's something so festive about this activity and if you can head to one of the famous ones, the Christmas tree makes it even more magical.
- Play Board Games. Tis' the season to play board games! I love a classic game of Scrabble or Monopoly at this time of the year with friends or family. A cheese board if optional, but always well received.
- Get Crafty. Stuck on what to get somebody for Christmas? Want to unwind with an activity at the end of a long day? I always recommend getting your arts and crafts on. There's so many of ideas on what to make on Pinterest, maybe a festive garland, hot chocolate kits or creating your own candles.
- Find a Pub With a Fire For a Roast. I love a roast with all the trimmings. Crispy roast potatoes, fluffy Yorkshire puddings, honey roasted parsnips and all the vegetables, but makes it even better is one by a fire in a pub where you can hide out from the cold or warm up from a day out.
- Wear The Most Garish Christmas Jumper. If you need me, I'll be in a Christmas jumper pretty much until the end of the month - they make me happy and the more cringe it is the better.
- Go For a Chilly, Frosty Walk. I took myself for an early morning frosty walk the other week and it was amazing! It woke me up ready for the day ahead and I took lots of dreamy photographs of the trees and berry bushes covered in magical glistening frost. It's equally as good at night as well, wandering around the streets looking for the best Christmas lights in your area.
- Make a Festive Playlist. I've been slowly putting together the ultimate festive playlist to listen to over the next 10 days or so. There's an equal balance of classics and cringe ones, perfect to dance around to.
- Give To Charity. Whether it's volunteering, helping the homeless or giving to your local food bank, giving to charity at this time of the year is so important. Head to here to support!
Post a Comment