I found the raspberry oat bars recipe here, but during baking I decided to tweak a few of the ingredients to make sure that they were the best they could be. These have the perfect tart/sweet balance, are super crumbly and incredibly moorish - perfect for an on-the-go snack or for a breakfast that will keep you feeling full.
Ingredients (To Make 12) |
65g Dairy Free Butter
120g Fresh Raspberries
200g Rolled Oats
50g Ground Almonds
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and heat the oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl, mash the raspberries roughly with a fork and set aside.
3. Weigh out the ground almonds and rolled oats. Place in a bowl.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter and honey together until smooth. Then add to the bowl oats and ground almonds, mixing throughout. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Place half the mixture on the baking tray and press down firmly with back of spoon until even. Spoon the raspberry mixture on top. Then place the other half of the mixture on top of the raspberries.
6. Bake until golden (15 minutes roughly). Let cool and then slice evenly.
Ingredients (One medium sized jar) |
250g Yogurt (I use a yummy dairy free vanilla one).
Punnet of strawberries/raspberries/any fruit you want to use.
Starting with oats, layer up the yogurt, fruit and oats in a jar. I like to add a drizzle of honey too. Once done, seal the jar and pop in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, you can eat straight away - Easy!
Would you try any of these recipes?